Monday, July 2, 2012

Ribbon Wind Chime

Well, as summer is really getting under way I have been able to go into my new classroom.  (I will be posting pics soon).  There is so much to be done and although it is a little overwhelming, I am so excited.  I have been taking some pinterest projects and working on them.  So here is a tutorial on a ribbon wind chime.  Here is the one that inspired me.  

Here are my materials and finished product. 
 I am so in love an can't wait to hang it in my classroom. 
I chose 8 different colored ribbons to make it vary and I wanted to 
add some patterns to my end product too.  Solids were $1 each
and the patterned ribbon was on sale for 2 for $2.50.

I think this is a 7" embroidery hoop.  It cost me about $1.50

Here is my lovely girl holding the finished ribbon wind chime. 
 What do you thing?  


2 comments:

  1. Love your windchime and you got me thinking! Wouldn't it be great to find some ribbon that children could write on. They could each write something about themselves on it - their names and things they like maybe! It could then be hung in the classroom as "The Things We Like Windchime"! Just an idea but thanks for the inspiration!
    Glad I found your blog!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a fabulous idea! Wish I had thought of that before, maybe I can make another one when the school year starts.

      Delete