Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

Maybe its just me but, it doesn't feel like the 4th of July. It is kinda rainy here and not much going on in the Attaway household. Except that I am doing laundry, cleaning and taking care of children's needs. There are just some chores that never go away, that never let up. For example: dishes, even with a dish washer they are always there! Laundry, don't get me started. As a matter of fact I happen to still be in PJs because I had no clothes to wear today. Hopefully soon...But, what are our plans today? Well we are headed to a friends house for some good food, good drinks and great company. Maybe some swimming for the kids. Maybe some fireworks. I am still contemplating if I want to keep them up till after 10 to watch fireworks. I know it only happens once a year but, keeping two kids happy till 9:45 and patient is my least favorite part of this wonderful holiday.

So what is my favorite part of the 4th? I love: being with family and friends, bbqing and hanging out near a pool or other body of water, listening to the excitement of children (especially my own) over all the fun like fireworks, and water balloons and popsicle's. I love the fact that its summer and I am just enjoying life. I love all the memories of this holiday, not one that I can think of is bad. Going to the shore and watching the fireworks from the AC beach. I also remember going out in Elizabeth and watching fireworks on a cement slab of some sort. Being with family, lots of cousins. Eating my grandmothers famous potato salad, macaroni salad and beans. Getting Italian ice and running around in my bathing suit, all while smacking at the mosquito's. Playing with sparklers and not worrying someone was going to get hurt. And of course I LOVE that I have the freedom to enjoy all of this. To be free to say what I think, read what I think, worship how I wish, and write what I want without censoring myself. I am grateful for all the men and women who have fought to keep this freedom alive. It is a great feeling, and I love the 4th weather I am cleaning or hanging out by the pool. It is a day to celebrate being an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment