Wednesday, July 7, 2010

New License...

So today I spent over 3 hours getting a new licence. Here is my back story. The other day, I realized that my licence expired and I had to wait till Tuesday because of the holiday weekend to go for a new one. I went to the tag agency to get one with my birth certificate and they informed me (after looking over my birth certificate for at least 5 minutes) that it is not a state issued bc but, a city bc. Ok, I didn't know that you needed a state bc. I was told to then go to the department of safety here in Norman. I soon find out they are closed for the day. Was not told at the tag agency. So today I go, and have to take a number, I am told that it will be at least 3 hours. 3 HOURS!!!!! What in the world are they doing??? There were only 17 other people in the waiting room, and they were on number 272 and I was 299. You do the math. After 3 hours of waiting with some of Norman's finest, and patient and not so patient residence. (It is amazing what some people will do after waiting 4 hours to be waited on). I am then called! YEAH finally!!! When I go up to the desk the only worker (a woman) tells me I am the cutest thing. Well, thanks I guess. At this point I have wasted my day. Not really wanting compliments. She then looks at my passport and says I have to sign some paper work and then go BACK to the tag agency. Yup, all they needed to do here was check to make sure my passport was real. I am at a loss at this point. I tell the woman that it was easier to get my passport then a new licence. I can leave the country but, can't drive in Oklahoma. She informs me that I live in one of the safest state in America because they are very strict with their IDs. It all has to do with the Merrell Bombing. For some reason I find this a little hard to believe considering my husband is a fireman and a paramedic and he see's tons at work plus, I hear on the news all the time about identity theft. So after all this I finally got my new licence and hate the pic. Stuck with a pissed off look on my face for the next 4 years. Oh, well. 4 more days till I leave for a very long vacation. Counting down!

No comments:

Post a Comment