10 Things I have learned from Teaching
1. I know more about parents then I want to know. Usually from my students who like to share every detail of their home lives but sometimes from those parents that think it is ok to share their VERY personal lives with me....when I am in the middle of teaching.
2. You can't make everyone happy, especially parents. So just do your best to be fair and fun.
3. Kids love your singing voice, even when NO ONE else does. ; )
4. Words can hurt; a lot. Choose your words wisely and teach them to as well.
5. No matter what you will feel like a family and it is always hard to say goodbye at the end of the year.
6. It is ok to tell them you don't have an answer or if you make a mistake. We are only human.
7. They will remember EVERYTHING you tell them....except the important things like letter sounds that you have worked on for weeks at a time.
8. Boredom = Trouble.
9. You can NEVER be too prepared.
10. Expect the Unexpected!